Monday, September 13, 2010

Sex and the Single Character

Dear Diary,

Today my story is stumbling. I'm having trouble figuring out how this scene gets to that scene, and an awful lot of what comes next. So what do my characters do? They take the opportunity to climb a tree and get naked with each other. This is a real problem because if I get the action going again, they are going to be buck-naked in the middle of it, and a little too fuzzy-headed for a quick response. And lets face it -- if they have to jump out the window and land on a horse, doing it naked is not the way to go!

Dangly bits get caught.

Serves 'em right for not behaving, doesn't it?

I know the mantra is that sex sells. But sex -- normal, uncomplicated sex, is boring. It's when things don't go according to plan that things get fun.

So maybe that's what I should do about this section. Maybe it shouldn't go according to plan. Maybe they should fall out of the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment